Now that Donald J. Trump is officially America’s 45th President of the United States, I want to offer my hearty and heartfelt congratulations. I also wish him the best during the next (hopefully) four years, as there are many groups with entrenched, vested interests who will work very hard to try and preserve them at the expense of his Presidency.
I applaud Obama’s gracious act (with perhaps just a touch of ego included, as is his habit) of offering Trump some advice – and fully expect the former (P)resident to speak out often and loudly whenever he believes Trump needs more “helpful advice”. However, I believe Trump could learn a lot not just from Obama, but from a number of former Democrat Presidents.
And so, here’s what I hope President Trump learns from past Democrat Presidents:
- I hope President Trump doesn’t round up US Citizens based solely on race and place them in internment camps against their will…as Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt did to the Japanese during World War II.
- I hope that President Trump doesn’t kill thousands of innocent civilians with nuclear weapons…as Democrat President Truman did – twice – despite knowing the Japan was within days of surrendering.
- I hope President Trump’s execution of foreign policy doesn’t result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people…as happened in Syria under Democrat President Barack Obama, in Bosnia under Democrat President Bill Clinton, and in Europe under Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- I hope President Trump has enough respect for the Office – and more importantly his wife – to not commit adultery, especially in the White House…unlike Democrat Presidents William “BJ” Clinton and John F. Kennedy.
- I hope President Trump doesn’t deny the legal immigration of law-abiding, productive people simply because of their nationality or religion…unlike Democrat Presidents Roosevelt (Jews), Truman (Germans), and Carter (Iranians)
- I hope President Trump doesn’t have a hidden drug addiction…unlike Democrat President John F. Kennedy.
- I hope if President Trump promises military support to people fighting for democracy he keeps his word…unlike Democrat President Kennedy during the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
- I hope President Trump doesn’t send America’s youth to die in a far away land in an unnecessary war for personal profit ultimately declared lost by the mainstream media…unlike Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson with South Vietnam.
- I hope President Trump doesn’t view minority groups as people to be targeted and economically enslaved so they can become a guaranteed block of votes…unlike what Democrat President Johnson and the Democrats did with the black population.
Of course, there are probably many more lessons Trump could learn from Democrat Presidents – but, I want to leave him plenty of time to Make America Great Again
Thanks for reading!