“I’m just saying, you know, if I were Osama bin Laden — he’s a very smart guy, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about him — and I nearly got him once. I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I just didn’t do it.”
- Bill Clinton, Democrat and former President, Melbourne Australia, September 10, 2001
• 2,997 people died directly from an attack by radical Islamic terrorists on
– the Twin Towers of New York’s World Trade Center,
– the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, and
– Washington, D.C., causing the crash of United Airlines Flight 93 in Shanksville, PA.
• 20,874 survivors were deemed eligible for compensation by the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund set up by Congress in 2011, as of August 31, 2018.
• Countless number of family, relatives, and friends of those killed and injured were affected and continue to suffer.
BTW: Lloyd Billingsley, writing on PowerLine, argues that 9/11 is “Memorial to FBI Failure” – His article is well worth reading.
Thanks for Reading!